A resume objective is a brief statement that is intended to showcase your career path while simultaneously presenting you as someone who fits the bill in terms of what the company is looking for. The objective has to be well researched and curated according to the job that you are applying to. Adding an objective is optional but a well written objective can be helpful to grab the attention of the hiring manager.
Here are some tips to keep in mind before tailoring your objective to the job that you are applying to:
1. Be truthful and transparent
2. Keep it short
3. Make your resume objective specific to the job role
4. Do a grammar check, always
One of the most common mistakes most freshers make while attending an interview is easy work. They simply copy and paste objectives found on the web and this leads to their downfall. One must take inspiration and model an objective according to their skills and the job role in question. Do not take the easy way out.
If you are a fresher and looking to create inroads, here are some tips that will help you get started with crafting your career objective:
1. Lead with your strongest trait
2. Add how your education or highest qualification will assist your during the job
3. State the position and company you are applying to
4. Explain what value you will add to the company
Another point to remember is career objectives differ from hierarchy levels in the organisation. From first level manager, to mid and top-level, it's key how you position yourself given the level you’re at in your career.
That being said, here are some of the best career objectives that you can mold according to your requirement:
- To work in a dynamic environment that enables me to utilize my Knowledge and learn new things, and to progress professionally and personally.
- Product Marketing position that utilizes my marketing experience and enables me to make a positive contribution to the company.
- To obtain a position as a software program designer in a challenging environment that utilizes team-work effort for researching, learning and developing new high-tech products.
- Seeking the position of Data Scientist to apply in-depth understanding of advanced mathematical concepts and statistics. Bringing 3 years data science work experience and strong programming skills. Highly analytical individual with strong apt for learning and collaborative skills.
- Seeking an entry-level position to begin my career in a high-level professional environment.
- To solve problems in a creative and effective manner in a challenging position.
- Seeking a Managerial position with ABC company; a highly motivated and organized individual who will use 6+ years of management experience and skilled leadership to maintain productivity and quality of service.
- Hard working business management graduate with proven leadership and organizational skills seeking to apply my abilities to the position of junior assistant to the CEO at Warbucks Financial.
- Experienced and accomplished political campaign manager with over ten years of experience looking to leverage extensive background in crisis management, departmental organization and mass communication into an entry-level HR assistant position with Pacific 2.1 Technologies.
- “Accomplished leader in marketing communications seeking a new career path with a non-profit organisation. I am looking for an opportunity where I can apply my passion for philanthropy and use my professional experience to drive positive change in my community.”
Thus career objectives range from anything and everything that a professional looks out for in a professional relationship. There is a high likelihood that the company will offer you what you have mentioned in the career objective paragraph