Visa Inc. is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
This is what an Interview with Roshan Zameer– Talent Acquisition at VISA revealed about the current recruitment scenario-
1. What are the challenges you are facing w.r.t finding good talent in the market?
Bangalore is a place which has diversity of people, so finding the right talent is not a problem.
2. Are there any specific skills where you see more demand coming in for your business?
Generally it’s the vanilla skills that we look for, unless it’s for a niche opportunity where we need niche skills.
3. What is your entry level talent hiring strategy?
Entry level hiring is done through referrals, job postings & walk-ins.
4. Is your company focusing on offering live projects and internships to students?
Yes we do offer Internship opportunities to students.
5. What is the future talent strategy in your organization for upcoming skills in tech/analytics?
AI is the future. Technology keeps changing so it’s important to keep upgrading the existing technologies and we have developed some in-house technologies as well which we are currently using.