B.Com is one of the most popular and favorite graduation courses for commerce students. It is a go-to course for many students after their 10+2 completion. But the biggest dilemma for the B.Com students is the best career options after B.Com and how to choose them since just getting a graduate in B.Com would not take you anywhere.
Today, we will walk you through some of the best courses after B.Com that can level up your academic skills and open the doors for you to new opportunities.
1. Master of Business Administration (MBA)
“You want a high-paying job? Do MBA.” That’s the reputation MBA has. It is arguably the most popular and successful master’s course one can do. MBA prepares you to cover and manage every corner of a business based upon your chosen specialization.
- The eligibility is based upon the marks you have scored on the Common Admission Test (CAT).
- The duration of this course is 2 years. The best colleges for MBA in India are the Indian Institute of Management or IIMs.
- The average salary of an MBA is around 6-10 lakhs per annum.
2. Chartered Accountant (CA)
CA is among the top choices for a B.Com graduate. Unlike MBA, only commerce students having a degree in B.Com can pursue it. Those who want to enhance their academic knowledge can also opt for CA.
- You will have to clear three examinations - CPT, IPCC, and CA Final to enroll for the course.
- An internship under a CA is mandatory along with clearing all three stages.
- The average package for a CA is around 8-22 LPA.
3. Master of Commerce (M.Com)
Want to become a full-fledged market researcher/economist or enhance your academic knowledge? Well then, you are at the right place. M.Com is the master’s degree of commerce that helps you to master the B.Com concepts.
- The duration of this course is 2 years and you can enroll for this course in any commerce college or university.
- You can master the fields related to banking and financing like a branch manager of a bank.
- M.Com can get you an average package of 3-6 LPA in India.
4. Company Secretary (CS)
If you have a taste in law then CS will be apt for you. A CS is responsible for handling all the company’s legal issues and advises the board of directors to take the right legal action.
- It is a 3 year-long course.
- CS has three levels to complete - Foundation, Intermediate, and Finals You will only get enrolled after clearing all three exams.
- The average salary of a CS is 4.5-10 LPA.
5. Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
The Chartered Financial Analyst is a globally acclaimed designation. A financial analyst, economist, statistician, market research analyst, and security analyst are some of the designations you can get after completing this course.
- The duration of this course is 2.5 years.
- Since this course is considered to have the highest standards, you have to clear three exams to be eligible for enrollment.
- The average package this course provides is 10-25 LPA.
6. Business Accounting and Taxation (BAT)
The name itself tells you about this course. It is the hottest and most trending course for accounting and taxation after B.Com. This course is well structured to make you industry-ready and even groom you for the skills demanded by the Big 4’s.
- The duration is notably short- around 8-12 weeks.
- Like the Chartered Accountant course, only those students who graduated in B.Com are eligible for this course.
- The average salary that this course can get you is around 5-11 LPA.
7. Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
CMA is for all those who want to work and settle in big MNCs abroad after B.Com. This course is offered by the Institute of Management Accountants in the USA and it provides insight into mainly two fields - management accounting and financial management.
- The duration of this course is 6 months along with 2 years of work experience after graduation.
- The examination for this course consists of 2 stages.
- The average package is around 8-14 LPA.
8. Digital Marketing
If you are fed up reading conventional courses and inclined towards creativity, then this section might excite you. Digital Marketing is gaining popularity among B.Com graduates as a go-to career option after B.Com.
- This course spans 3 to 11 months.
- SEO executive, digital marketing manager, and content writer are some of the domains you can get into through this course.
- The average package is around 5-7 LPA.
You can check our exclusive Digital Marketing course here.
9. Sales and Marketing
The sales and marketing team is responsible for the promotion of the company as well as the revenue generation of the product. People related to this field are highly responsible for the growth and development of a company.
- The duration of this course is 3 months.
- The average package is around 5-15 LPA.
Check out our Sales and marketing course today!
10. Product Management
A product manager is responsible to lead the whole product team and is expected to do the final inspection of the product. A product goes through various stages during its development, and a product manager is a person who ensures that the product meets all the requirements within the set budget.
- The duration of this course is 80 hours.
- The average package is around 5-7 LPA.
If you want to start your journey to become a product manager, then check out our product management certification course today.
If you are reading this, you now have an idea of some of the best career options after B.Com. These courses are well planned and structured for those who want to have high-paying job opportunities after B.Com as well as enhance their academic knowledge.
We hope that this blog might be useful for you and now you can choose the course that suits best your needs among these courses.