NCR Corporation is a leading global tech company changing how people everywhere bank, shop, eat, and travel. They are into making self-service kiosks, point-of-sale terminals, automated teller machines, check processing systems, barcode scanners, and business consumables &also provide IT maintenance support services to its clients.
This is what an Interview with Ramya Bist- Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant at NCR Corporation revealed about the current recruitment scenario-
1. What are the challenges you are facing w.r.t finding good talent in the market?
For most positions, even though we receive lots of applications, getting the candidates with the right qualifications and experience is a big challenge. Most candidates, especially those with over 10+ years of experience, have been unable to grow in their respective roles (in their existing organization) and do not seem to have a road-map for the future. As far as the millennial's are concerned, many have unrealistic expectations regarding profile and compensation.
2. Are there any specific skills where you see more demand coming in for your business?
Business Analytics could see more demand apart from Digital marketing.
From the soft skills perspective, we look for creativity, Innovation, Collaboration, adaptability, analytical reasoning & time management (to name a few) in potential candidates. I also believe it’s got more to do with the individuals and their area of interest which shapes the career.
3. What is your entry level talent hiring strategy?
It is through Campus recruitment & Intern hiring that we hire for the entry level positions.
4. Is your company focusing on offering live projects and internships to students?
Yes, we do depending on the need of the business.
5. What is the future talent strategy in your organization for upcoming skills in tech/analytics?
The future of recruiting will be human, but supported by tools and technology that will benefit both recruiters as well as job seekers.