What is ReactJS?
- React is designed in a way such that it can be easily integrated with already existing code or any other libraries.
- Its primary motive is simplifying the process of developing and building web applications that are fast, scalable, and simple.
- React uses modular and cohesive components, which make them heavily reusable and that contributes to accelerating the development time.
What is VueJS?
- Vue.js is also used both for developing desktop and mobile applications with Electron framework.
- The name of the framework – Vue – is the same phonetically in English as view, and it corresponds to the traditional Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture.
- View is basically a UI of an application or a website, and the core library of Vue.js focuses the view layer by default.
- But, MVC does not mean that Vue.js cannot be used with a different architectural approach like the Component Based Architecture (CBA) used in React.
Comparing Both Technologies
1. Rendering and Optimization
Speed is considered as one of the most significant deciding factors and a real-differentiator in determining the performance of an application. React tends to re-render the entire component tree in case there is a change in the component’s state especially when it is not required.
Vue is lightweight, easy to learn, and also pleasant to write in. Maybe that’s the reason why technology is highly appreciated among Vue.js developers in India and overseas. This means Vue is on par with Angular and React.
The next deciding factor is routing. Both the component based framework like React and Vue create a space where a react developer is asked to pay more attention particularly to the state management and the data flow. The reason being is that numerous components are used to interact and share data.
For routing, React uses the react-router library and Flux/Redux architecture featuring unidirectional data flow. On the other hand, when it comes to Vue, Vuex is the solution offering an unbeatable experience carrying out an advanced architecture. The first one is an alternative to the famous MVC architecture.
There is no denying the fact both vue and react technologies offer similar results in regards to performance as both of them work on Virtual DOM. But that does not mean they do not have a fair share of controversies. Like for example, Vue involves less overhead and faster speed and pays greater attention to the shortcomings. Also among the two frameworks, this one has the ability to manage high frames rate – 10 frames per second when compared to the 1 frame per second of React.js.
4. Learning Curve
With the help of the components based approach, React offers excellent results over both Vue and Angular. Whereas Vue comprises of a template specific syntax which turns out to be difficult to reuse as the app size grows.
6. State Management
Both React and Vue have similar approaches when we are talking about the state management. However, there are a few differences in regards to immutability and other aspects. States are present everywhere, almost all React developers know about it but what they might don’t know is the fact that data keeps on changing time and again. As a result, the level of complexities might increase to a great extent. In state management, there are ways to make it through. For instance, for small applications, this might be a brute force, and something like Vanilla JS would be enough. When data changes, the framework (React vs Vue) redraws all the UI components – the data displayed is always relevant. We can call this idea UI as a function.
Places where Vue is better than React
- Vue.js facilitates in creating simpler and much faster web applications.
- Vue.js has much improved and comprehensive documentation.
- It allows developing template based apps more conveniently.
- It also has much simpler syntax, integration and adaptability.
Places where React is better than Vue
- React has an added advantage over Virtual DOM providing wider range of API options.
- It provides more flexibility when developing larger and complex apps.
- It is easier to test and debug.
- Along with that, it also supports the development of mobile apps apart from web.
- It offers better technical support with more information and sources available.
The technology that the developers should choose depends upon the choice of the application, the client’s demands, the availability of the skill-set, development team demographics, the performance acceptability, the experience of the programmers and others. Of course, other factors are also applicable here like faster turnaround time, the complexity of features that the web application is deemed to hold.
React offers code-reusability, simpler coding patterns to solve complex problems, maintain state variables, fetches data from backend API’s, all such React hooks are available on GitHub and are accessible by the React developers. As Vue.js tries to accomplish all the offerings by ReactJS it still has a long way to go, thus we can conclude that the Vue.js web framework can do well for a small web app with minimal features while ReactJS development services can be applied to larger and complex projects.